I am a Spartan Warrior!
Ok, no- I really am not. At least not yet; but I hope to be!
Let me set the stage for you: It is Sunday morning- January
6, 2013. I am sitting at my make-shift desk in a make-shift office in a Toronto
hotel meeting room. I have not been outside since Friday afternoon and I am
feeling a bit ill after the rich eggs Benedict I ate this morning, and the wine
from the cocktail last night. It doesn’t
help that my stomach is at total war with me since before the holidays- too
much eating and drinking and not enough fruits and veggies, you know?
Anyway- so I am sitting here feeling a bit ill, missing the
fresh air and I decide it is time to start doing something healthy for me. I mean, I already started last year when,
after months and months of sleeping sitting up due to indigestion, feeling like
crap and just looking well- fatter and fatter, I decided to join the almighty
Weight Watchers.
What a difference- in 6 months I had lost 17 lbs and was
sleeping well, not taking tums every night by the handfuls. Really, that sh*t works.
But I haven’t really upped my activity (and by upped I mean
done anything active at all- in about forever). So; now what? How to get
started? How to get motivated? And for goodness sakes- HOW TO FIND THE TIME???
Well- why not sign up for a Spartan Sprint in Montreal in
May? Hey, my motto is: go big or go home. I don’t do anything small. So- it starts today (well tomorrow really,
since today I am holed up in a hotel “office” working…). I will take all my
measurements- from my matchstick arms (sadly lacking in any muscle tone at all)
to my, er.. non-matchstick thighs? And I hope to see some progress as I train
for the event. Off to Zumba this week! Starting swimming lessons next week!
Start some yoga at home! I will eventually be a lean, mean Spartan Racing
Machine! Or at least in a bit of better shape and I will feel good for
accomplishing something. Right?
So- I am not crazy, right? RIGHT?? (I have seen the pictures- they run throurgh fire. FIRE!)
I will try to keep track of my progress, training and
general thoughts here. Good and bad! From flabby Mom- to Super Mom! No wait..
from flabby Super Mom to Lean and
muscley Super Mom! Or something like that.. Well, you get the idea ;)
Wish me luck! And I would certainly appreciate any words of
wisdom or general encouragement.
YOU CAN DO IT!! I'm trying to go to Yoga once a week at Energie Cardio at the forum. They sometimes have guest passes and if the do you're welcome to join me! 6:30 Thursdays. Either way, good luck!!!! YOU ARE SUPER MOM AND WOMAN!
ReplyDeleteYou will succeed!And all that exercise will help you cope with the stress of your job. I recommend using myfitnesspal (if you don't have a smartphone) or runtastic (if you do). The apps keep track of your exercise the way weight watchers keeps eating in line.
ReplyDeleteI will try those apps! Thanks Nancy :)
DeleteTry mums ringette. Sat night.
ReplyDelete